Halloween is all about fun, treats and most importantly costumes. The festivity will be at peak for friends and family but what about pets. Have you thought how pets see things in Halloween and how the fun-filled festival can be frightening for your cat or dog? Costumed frequent visitors, unhealthy treats, excess of noise and unusual activities can cause fear and anxiety in your pets. Therefore, pet parents need to be meticulous to take safety measures for their pets during Halloween. Here are the Halloween pet safety tips every pet parent should consider.
- Make sure your pets have proper identification so if something happens and they’re found later, you can be contacted.
- Chocolates are toxic for pets so keep chocolates away from your furry buddies.
- Choose an easy-on, easy-off outfit that doesn’t constrict your pet’s head and neck.
- Keep an easy décor as wiring and extravagant decoration can be hazardous for pets.
- Ensure to keep your furry kids on a short leash and keep a close eye on them.
- A lot of strangers milling about the neighborhood, it’s best to keep your buddy indoors.
- Keep your pets away from the front door as frequently visiting people can drive some pets loony.
- Weeks ahead of Halloween, practice with your dog to create a positive association with the doorbell.
- If your dog is nervous, or likes to bolt, make sure he is secured in a separate room with a favorite toy or treat.
- Minimize the noises as loud noises can make your pets anxious and unhappy.
The above mentioned tips may help most pets. However, if you find your furry pal anxious and frightened by all the sounds and sights then you can use Adaptil Collar for dogs that aids in reducing anxiety and helps to manage stress-related behavior in dogs. Moreover, you can use Feliway Spray for a cat which is clinically proven to reduce stress and anxiety in them. We very well know pet’s safety is a priority for every pet parents, therefore, CanadaPetCare provides these products at discounted rates to keep your pet safe and your Halloween spirits higher.