The times are changing at a rapid pace. People now a days, want stuff that will fulfill more than one requirement of them. Affordability, Convenience and Effective products are top most priorities of the audience. Not just to satisfy their needs but for well-being of their pet as well, pet-owners tend to find the best products – be it food, treatments or treats. The most troubling factors for dogs are – fleas, ticks, gastrointestinal worms and heartworms.
Advancement in the medical field has landed up with an excellent oral treatment – Nexgard Spectra that protects the pooches against all these parasites and prevents heartworm infection as well.
A little knowledge about these pests will help you broaden your aspects about treating your pet.
Let’s have a look at these parasites:-
Fleas are tiny wingless species of insects that hosts on dog’s blood. Although, they cannot fly but they have astonishing jumping abilities. This ability allows them to jump from one host to the other causing scratching and itching to the dogs.
Ticks are a much greater cause of concern when it comes to them residing on the pet’s body. They carry various tick-borne diseases that might cause harm to the dog’s health. They also host on warm animals like dogs and cats and are widely found in warm and humid regions.
Heartworm is the most lethal infection that a dog can acquire from a mosquito’s bite. It is caused by a parasitic worm called Dirofilaria Immitis. Preventing heartworms from developing into adult stage and destroying the immature stages of heartworm larvae is recommended.
One of the most common worms found in dog’s stomach. They can be contracted in varied ways, which is the reason they can easily be spread and are hard to control. Adult roundworms affect the dog’s intestines. The pooch might depict symptoms like diarrhea, vomiting, hair loss etc.
These intestinal worms can be obtained either by ingesting infected matter from the grounds or from other infected species. Whipworm eggs can reside for a long duration in soil, food, water or feces which can be ingested by the pooch.
Hookworms are other kind of blood sucking parasites that invade and lives in the small intestines of the doggy. It can also be acquired by puppies from their mothers during birth. A pooch having hookworms suddenly looses diet and become pale.
Compromise doesn’t exist in the dictionary of pet-owners when it comes to the health of their pets. Therefore, they make the best choice like choosing Nexgard Spectra.
Some great specs about this treatment are:
- It is a beef – flavored chew.
- Prevents heartworm diseases in dogs.
- Treats fleas, ticks (paralysis ticks, brown dog ticks and bush ticks) and gastrointestinal worms like roundworms, whipworms and hookworms.
- Controls flea infestation for 5 weeks and tick infestations for 4 weeks.
- Once in a month dosage which is very convenient
- Controls Flea Allergy Dermatitis.
- Comprehensive and broad-spectrum protection for pups and dogs.
- Safe to be given on pup of 8 weeks of age and above.
- Contains highly effective ingredients – Afoxolaner and Milbemycin oxime. The combined action of these active ingredients fights against the parasites and secures the pets.
The best advantage about having these chews is no tension of making your pooch eat tablets or apply an ointment and safeguard yourself from mess as well. All the pets readily accept these tasty chews.
A reminder for the pet-parents – these chews are available according to the weight of the dogs in different color-coded packs. Weigh your pet before starting with the treatment.
The color-coded packs of Nexgard Spectra are:
- For extra small dogs (4.4-7.7 lbs) – Orange
- For small dogs (7.7-16.5 lbs) – Yellow
- For medium dogs (16.5-33 lbs) – Green
- For large dogs (33-66 lbs) – Purple
- For extra large dogs (66-132 lbs) – Red
The unique way of deciding a pack makes it easier for pet-parents to buy this product. If you are looking to buy Nexgard Spectra, compare the prices here.