In the current pet healthcare scenario, pet owners are now becoming more aware of diseases and the parasitic infestations in their furry pals. Everybody wants more effective treatment than the existing one and moreover, there are certain parasites which are getting immune to the existing treatments. So, there is a need for constant innovation in the domain of health care. As a result, there are brands that are constantly researching and improving their products so that the treatment can overcome the growing immunity of existing parasites and kill them.
Fleas and ticks are two parasites which are amongst those parasites that are enhancing their defense mechanism against regular treatments. These parasites are dangerous because not only they cause irritation and itchiness which results in several infections but also diseases like tapeworms, FAD and Lyme disease in dogs. So, as a responsible pet parent, it is very essential to be updated about the new and the most sort after treatments in the market currently. And to educate you about the advanced treatments that are one step ahead of these blood-sucking parasites, CanadaPetCare has documented the list of 5 most effective flea and tick treatments of 2018.
Best Fleas And Ticks Treatments in 2018
Manufactured by Merial – a French company, one of the world’s leading veterinary products manufacturers. Frontline Plus is a topical treatment for fleas and ticks and can be arguably called as the “the most recommended and loved treatment” because vets and pet parents are unanimously opting for this product. The flea and tick treatment contains Fipronil and S-methoprene as active ingredients.
- Kills 100% fleas within 12 hours which is half the time taken by other treatments
- Frontline plus kills Adult fleas, flea eggs and larvae for up to 3 months
- Treats ticks for a month
- The spot-on also treats ticks causing rocky mountain disease
- Chewing lice are eliminated for at least a month
- It’s amazingly waterproof
- Frontline plus is specially designed for small, medium and large dogs
- It’s a monthly application, just administer once a month and forget all worries
- Best for lactating, breeding and pregnant dogs
Coming from the same manufacturer, Merial, Nexgard Spectra is broad spectrum monthly treatment. The oral treatment comes in tasty beef flavored chews. When it comes to oral treatment vets around Canada trust this treatment.
- Contains Afoxolaner and Milbemycin Oxime as active ingredients
- Extensive treatment effective in treating fleas, ticks, intestinal worms
- Protects your pooch against heartworm disease
- Nexgard Spectra kills all the fleas and ticks within 24 hours of application for a month
- Easy to feed beef-flavored chew
- Monthly treatment
- Can be given to dogs more than 2 kg and 8 weeks of age
K9 Advantix is a product of Bayer Animal Health, famous for manufacturing high-quality healthcare products. This is a monthly topical application which is very popular amongst vets and pet parents.
- K9 Advantix has active ingredients Imidacloprid and Permethrin that are effective against fleas, ticks, chewing lice and biting insects
- The topical solution eradicates all the adult fleas within 24 hours and ticks within 48 hours
- Existing fleas are killed before they can lay eggs hence, the further infestation is blocked.
- It’s a monthly topical solution
- The flea and tick treatment can be given to puppies more than 7 weeks of age
Your pet may only be suffering from tick infestation. So, for the treatment of ticks, Virbac Preventice Tick Collar is one of the best collars in the market. Virbac Preventice Tick Collar is manufactured by Virbac – a prominent healthcare company. The collar is only for the treatments of ticks. It is as effective as many oral and topical treatment in tick treatments.
- Amitraz is its active ingredient
- The collar treats the existing ticks within 48 hours
- It is a long-lasting treatment for up to 60 days
- Preventic Tick Collar brings an end to brown dog ticks, lone star ticks, American brown ticks, and Deer ticks. Hence securing your pet from Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain fever
- Waterproof and odorless
- The collar treatment is affordable
- Specially designed for the puppies older than 12 weeks
The amazingly long-lasting flea and tick treatments are manufactured by Merck Animal Health Care. Bravecto is a 3 monthly oral flea and tick treatment which comes as a highly palatable chew.
- Fluralaner, the active ingredient is 100 % effective for fleas and ticks
- The most important feature of Bravecto is that it eradicates fleas and ticks for 12 weeks
- Bravecto starts killing fleas and ticks within 12 hours
- The flea and tick treatment is safe for lactating, breeding and pregnant dogs
- Puppies more than 6 months of age can be treated with Bravecto chew
These are the 5 trending products of 2018. There are many other affordable products that are trending in 2018. You can check them out on Canada Pet Care and choose the most suitable one because ultimately the decision is yours.
When it comes to your dog’s health never settle for anything less than the best.