As dog owners, we are always on the lookout for better preventive treatments for our dogs to safeguard them properly from problem-causing parasites. And when you know that there are so many different critters present out there to harm your dog, it is always preferable to get a product that covers multiple parasites rather than buying separate treatments. And, if you are one of those dog owners, we have some good news for you – Credelio Plus, a new Elanaco product, has arrived!
The all-new Credelio Plus is an advanced version of the already available chewable tablet Credelio. In this blog, we will give you deeper insights into everything you need to know about Credelio Plus. So, let’s get started.
Introducing the New Credelio Plus
Credelio Plus is a simple, powerful and easy-to-use product welcomed by all dog owners who prefer a combination pill to protect their dogs from a variety of parasites. It is an antiparasitic treatment containing two main ingredients- milbemycin oxime and lotinaler. It offers efficacy against fleas, ticks and gastrointestinal nematodes, and prevents heartworm and lungworm infections. Moreover, it is a monthly treatment and it comes in an easy-to-dose chewable tablet form with a palatable taste that is readily accepted by dogs.
Key Features of Credelio Plus
The following are the key features of Credelio Plus:
- Immediately and persistently kills fleas and ticks for one full month
- Protects your dog from roundworms
- Proven effective against adult and larval stages of gastrointestinal worms
- Prevents heartworm and lungworm disease in dogs
- Highly palatable tablet
Key Ingredients and Mechanism of Working
As mentioned earlier, the key ingredients of Credelio Plus are milbemycin oxime and lotinaler, both of which have their own special tasks.
- Milbemycin oxime, an anthelmintic, protects dogs from adult and larval stages of gastrointestinal worms. It eliminates roundworms (Toxocara canis and Toxoascaris leonina), hookworms (Ancyclostoma caninum) and whipworms (Trichuris vulpis) by hyperpolarizing the nerve cells and blocking signal transfer.
- Another ingredient, lotilaner, kills fleas (Ctenocephalides felis and Ctenocephalides canis) almost immediately. Lotinlater also kills ticks effectively (Rhipicephalus sanguineus, Ixodes ricinus, Ixodes hexagonus and Dermacentor reticulates).
The Correct Dosing of Credelio Plus
One of the salient features of Credelio Plus is its palatability, and due to that, these chewable tablets are readily accepted by dogs. It has to be administered with or after food once a month according to the right dosage for your dog as given below: